Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thing 21: Find Podcasts

I subscribed to a podcast called "A Taste of Russian." The text website has transcriptions of the dialog on the podcast. It's for intermediate speakers/listeners to help improve their Russian language skills.

Searching for good podcasts was more difficult than I thought. I had more luck with
Podcast Alley than Yahoo Podcasts. I'm still confused about subscribing to podcasts and RSS feeds. It sounds simple but I'm just not getting the process involving an "aggregator" and how to get the feed onto the blog. Anyway, I did manage it, but I think there's something that I'm failing to understand. Other Web 2.0 products like online productivity tools let you click on "export to blog" or "publish to web" or something similar, and you can type in your blog URL and voila!

I'll keep trying this and in the end will probably wonder why on earth I was ever confused. Sort of like reading Hartford's city bus schedules...

No comments: